- 185g Kerrygold Butter
- 185g dark chocolate
- 3 medium eggs
- 275g caster sugar
- 85g plain flour
- 40g cocoa
- Chocolate and caramel sauce, for drizzling
- 2 bags of mini eggs
- To begin, place the butter and the chocolate in heatproof bowl and set over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until melted. Alternatively, cover the bowl loosely with cling film and microwave at 30 second intervals until melted.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚c and grease and line a 20cm square tin.
- Break the eggs into a large bowl and tip in the caster sugar. With an electric mixer on maximum speed, whisk the eggs and sugar for around 5-8 mins, or until they look thick and creamy and have doubled in size.
- Pour the cooled chocolate mixture over the egg mixture, then gently fold together. Sieve the flour and cocoa into the wet ingredients then continue to fold the mixture gently with a spatula until everything is fully combined, trying not to over-mix.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and carefully level the mixture with the spatula.
- Put in the middle of the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Once the brownie is out of the oven, pop it on a plate and scatter over some broken and whole mini eggs over the top.
- Drizzle with the chocolate and caramel sauce.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Kerrygold