For the oats:
- 200g of oats
- 2 heaped tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 heaped tbsp Linwoods Flax with Cocoa and Mulberries
- 1 tbsp whole chia seeds
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 500ml oat milk
- 500ml water
Mini almond eggs:
- 25g ground almonds
- 1.5 tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch of beet powder, matcha powder and turmeric, placed into separate bowls
- Add oats, cocoa powder, flax, salt, maple syrup, oat milk and water to a pot. Bring to the boil, simmer and stir for 5 - 8 minutes; until they reach your desired consistency.
- Meanwhile mix together ground almonds and maple syrup in a bowl. Divide into three and mix each one to a colourful paste with matcha, turmeric and beet powder. The one with turmeric powder will have a strong taste so you can add a little vanilla extract or orange extract to counteract the taste if you like.
- Divide the different colour doughs into little mini balls and shape into eggs.
- Serve oats topped with dairy free yogurt of choice, chocolate chips and mini eggs, with a little extra drizzle of syrup if desired.
Recipe courtesy of Linwoods