- 12-15 4” Chinese pancakes
- 1 large duck breast
- 10-15 roughly chopped pan roasted cashew nuts
- 8 cherry peppers sliced
- Half a red pepper diced
- Half a green pepper diced
- 1 small white onion chopped
- Half a courgette diced
- 200g/7oz beansprouts
- 50g/2oz sliced bamboo shoots
- 50g/2oz sliced water chestnuts
- 150ml/5fl oz coconut milk
- 7 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 12 sprigs of fresh coriander
- 50g/2oz scallions
- 30ml/1fl oz olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy based wok or frying pan. Dice up the duck breast small and add to the oil. Continue frying the duck until it gets slightly crispy.
- Add the onion, peppers, cherry peppers. Cook until soft.
- Add the coconut milk and reduce by half then add the hoisin sauce and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- For the final 30 seconds add the beansprouts, bamboo, water chestnut, courgettes, cashew nuts and scallions
- Mix well.
- Spoon the pancake mix along the length of the pancake and roll it up. Serve sprinkled with the fresh coriander leaves.
Recipe by Gary O'Hanlon
TIP: Mix up some coconut milk and hoisin and serve as a dipping sauce or simply use some soy.