- 200g Ritter Sport 61% Fine Dark Chocolate
- 2 scoops of vegan ice cream (vanilla, chocolate or caramel)
- 200g sugar
- 50g cacao powder
- 200g flour
- 200g apple sauce
- 100ml coconut oil
- 200ml plant-based milk
- Handful almonds
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and mix all the dry ingredients in a big bowl
- Melt the dark chocolate in a water bath or microwave. Save yourself a few spoons for the sundae drizzle.
- Add the melted chocolate, plant-based milk, apple sauce and oil into the big bowl to the dry ingredients. Mix well until you get a smooth texture.
- Lightly oil your muffin pan (20x25cm), sprinkle some cocoa powder all over the pan. Fill the pan with brownie dough.
- Bake for 25 minutes (time will depend on the height of your brownies).
- For the sundae you’ll need: two brownies, two scoops of vegan ice cream (vanilla, chocolate or caramel, use one or two different flavours) and some extra squares of chocolate.
- For toppings you’ll need: toasted almonds and melted chocolate for drizzle.
- Serve in a glass or bowl of your choice. Top your brownie with 1-2 scoops of your favourite non-dairy ice cream. Drizzle generously with melted chocolate. Sprinkle with toasted almonds and add 3 squares of chocolate on top.
Photo and recipe by Jelena Fairweather for Ritter Sport
READ MORE: You can find more dessert recipes here.