- 200g unsalted butter
- 300g dark chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids, broken up)
- 250g digestive biscuits or Graham crackers
- 150g mini vegetarian marshmallows (I like pink and white)
- 75g salted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan/200°C/gas 6.
- Tip the butter and chocolate into a saucepan over a low heat and stir until both have fully melted.
- Break up all but 4 of the digestive biscuits or Graham crackers and stir them into the chocolate butter, then stir in 100g of the marshmallows. Spread the mixture in a lined shallow roasting tin, then scatter with the remaining digestive biscuits, broken into larger pieces, the marshmallows and the peanuts.
- Transfer the tin to the oven and bake for 5–10 minutes, until the marshmallows have just started to catch and turn golden brown.
- Let the tin cool on the side before cutting the cake into squares. (I rather like a square or two while it’s still warm out of the oven, but for a proper refrigerator cake, you’ll need to pop it into the fridge to chill for a few hours before serving, so it sets properly.)