- 100g pudding rice
- 500ml milk
- 500ml cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla pod, split and seeds exposed
- 80g caster sugar
For the rhubarb and raspberry compote:
- 200g rhubarb
- 50g caster sugar or honey
- 40ml water
- 20ml fresh orange juice
- 200g raspberries, optional
- Mint leaves, to garnish
- Combine all your ingredients for the rice pudding into a pot and simmer on the stove, stirring it frequently until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Cut the rhubarb into 1cm cubes, coat in the sugar and place into a pot with the water and orange juice on a low heat to help it break down. Once it has softened, add your raspberries (taste as now is the time you can add more sugar or honey if you need)
- Put your rice pudding into a dish and you now have a choice of serving cold or warm compote on top or on the side. Garnish with mint leaves.
- For added deliciousness, make more than one type of compote for a variety of different taste sensations.
Try this rice pudding with stewed orchard pears or apple, dark berry fruits compote or stewed rhubarb.