- 6 leaves gelatine
- 200ml gin
- 600ml tonic water
- 1 lime, zest only
- 110g caster sugar
- 75ml elderflower cordial
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- ½ cucumber, diced
- Mint leaves
- Soak the gelatine leaves in cold water. Pour the gin, tonic and lime zest into a large saucepan and allow to stand for 20-30 minutes to allow the lime zest to infuse.
- Next, add in the sugar and bring this mixture to a very gentle boil. Once it starts to boil, remove it from the heat and stir in the elderflower cordial.
- Strain off the water from the gelatine and whisk that into the gin and tonic mixture.
- Meanwhile, select your glasses and put a wedge of lime in the bottom of each with some diced cucumber. Allow the gin and tonic mixture to cool (but obviously not set) and then pour the gin and tonic mixture on top. Transfer to the fridge for at least four hours to allow to set, but preferably overnight if time allows.
- Garnish with some additional lemon or lime segments, cucumber and fresh mint.
TIP: Experiment with other drink combinations to suit your preference.