- Simply Better Irish All Butter Belgian Dark Chocolate & Orange Hot Cross Buns
- 4 Simply Better Free Range Corn Fed Large Eggs
- 4 tbsp Simply Better Handmade Seville Orange Marmalade
- 2 tbsp Simply Better Spanish Orange Blossom Honey
- 300ml Simply Better Organic Irish Jersey Milk
- 150ml cream
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 vanilla pod, split and seeds scraped out or 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 75g butter, softened, extra for greasing
- 75g sultanas
- Good pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- Icing sugar, to dust
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/ Gas Mark 4). Lightly butter an ovenproof dish that’s about 25cm x 16cm (10in x 6in) and 2.5cm (1in) deep.
2. Mix together the eggs, lemon rind and juice, vanilla seeds or extract and honey in a small bowl beating lightly to combine. Add the jersey milk and cream and whisk together.
3. Slice the hot cross buns in half and spread over the softened butter. Scatter half of the sultanas on the base of the buttered dish and arrange a layer of the hot cross buns on top. Pour over the egg mixture, pressing the hot cross buns down gently, then sprinkle the remaining sultanas and grated nutmeg on top.
4. Place the dish into a roasting tin and fill with warm water until it comes three-quarters of the way up the dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until just set.
5. Meanwhile, heat the marmalade in a small pan. Brush the top of the cooked pudding with the marmalade and dust lightly with icing sugar.
Recipe by Neven Maguire courtesy of Dunnes Stores Simply Better