For the base
- 300g plain shortbread biscuits
- 60g unsalted butter, melted
For the filling
- 550g cream cheese
- 200g caster sugar
- Juice and finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 3 medium-sized eggs
- 150ml double cream
- 150g ricotta cheese
- 225g raspberries/mixed summer berries
For the topping
- 40ml crème fraiche
- 3 tablespoons fresh berries
- Preheat the oven to 150°c/gas mark 2, and line a 23cm springform tin with baking paper.
- Crush the shortbread biscuits and mix with the melted butter. Spread evenly over the base of the tin.
- Mix the cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and zest in a mixer until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then pour in the cream and finally add the ricotta.
- Spoon into the tin and spread the fruit evenly over the top, dipping the berries slightly into the mixture to prevent them from burning.
- Bake for 50 minutes, when the cake should still have a wobble. Allow to cool in the tin.
- To serve, cover the top with crème fraiche and sprinkle with fresh berries.
Recipe courtesy of Avoca