- 1kg of white potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 4 sprigs thyme, leaves only
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C.
- Cook the potatoes in a large pan of boiling salted water for 15-18 minutes, or until softened.
- Drain the potatoes and transfer to a roasting tin.
- Using the back of a wooden spoon, gently crush the potatoes, until slightly flattened.
- Drizzle over the olive oil, season well and toss with the garlic and the thymeleaves.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, or until crispy and golden.
Recipe courtesy of Tesco