- 3 chicken breasts, cut into finger-width strips
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 100g plain flour
- 300g panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
For the chimichurri dip:
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Place the whisked eggs in one bowl, and the flour, salt and pepper into a second bowl and mix well. Place the breadcrumbs, paprika and olive oil in a third bowl and mix well - the oil should coat the breadcrumbs, but not all stick together.
- Dip the chicken strips into the flour, then coat in the egg and finally coat in the breadcrumbs. Place on a couple of baking sheets. Try to ensure that they're not too close together, or they won't crisp up.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Whilst the chicken is in the oven, mix all the chimichurri ingredients together and put to one side.
- When then chicken comes out of the over, serve with the chimichurri dip.
Recipe courtesy of Mash Direct.
Click here for more chicken recipes.
Serve with Mash Direct Salt & Chilli Wedges, salad and corn on the cob for a delicious meal.