- 600g parsnips, chopped into long strips
- 1 fresh garlic with peel (or 4 large cloves with peel)
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely sliced
- 1.5 litre vegetable stock
- 4 tbsp cream
- Sunflower seeds
- Fresh parsley
- Add garlic (with peel) into a roasting dish and add the parsnips. Brush the garlic with a little olive oil. Roast the parsnips and garlic at 180° for 30 minutes.
- Fry shallots and celery stalk until soft.
- Squeeze the garlic out of its peel. Add the parsnips with the garlic to the shallots and celery.
- Pour in vegetable stock. Blend with a hand or tabletop blender.
- Add cream. Add salt. Add more water if the soup is too thick.
- Garnish with sunflower seeds and parsley.
When roasting the parsnips, try drizzling with a little honey for extra flavour. Just be sure to leave the excess honey in the roasting dish out before adding to the soup mixture.