- Butter, for greasing
- 100g smoked salmon, chopped
- 150g crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp finely grated parmesan
- Buttered toast, to serve
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C.
- Bring a kettle to the boil.
- Spread a little butter on a piece of kitchen paper and lightly grease the inside of 4 x 150ml ramekins.
- Divide the salmon between each.
- In a small bowl, combine the crème fraîche with most of the chives, a little sea salt and some freshly cracked black pepper.
- Add a spoonful of the mixture to each ramekin.
- Crack an egg into each ramekin, then scatter over the Parmesan and remaining chives.
- Put the ramekins in an ovenproof dish large enough to hold all four.
- Pour boiling water into the dish to cover the ramekins halfway.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the whites are set but the yolks are still soft.
- Remove from the oven and leave to stand for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with the hot buttered toast.
Recipe courtesy of Tesco