- 500g crab claws
- 500g raw tiger prawns
- 150g butter, diced
- 150ml cold water
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 pinches chilli flakes
- 30g each of dill, coriander, spring onion, roughly chopped
- Dill and coriander, to garnish
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges, to serve
- Brown bread, to serve
- Butter, to serve
- Place the crab claws, prawns, butter, water, garlic, chilli flakes in a saucepan, cover and simmer slowly for 8-10 minutes on moderate heat, stirring occasionally.
- When the prawns start to turn pink, add the spring onion, dill and coriander. Cook for another two minutes. Make sure the prawns are fully cooked.
- Divide between bowls and garnish with a sprig of dill and coriander. Serve with lemon wedges, brown bread and butter.
Recipe credit: The Anglers Rest. For more information visit theanglersrest.ie or call 1 820 4351.
For more seafood recipes, click here.
For an Asian twist, add some lemongrass, ginger, bok choy, fermented black garlic, sesame seeds, star anise and cardamon and serve with kimchi, basmati rice or noodles.