Try this tasty take on the cinnamon roll from food writer and stylist Jennifer Opperman.
Jennifer has teamed up with Glenisk to produce a selection of sweet and savoury dishes using its range of organic yogurts. Try these rolls for breakfast with a strong coffee, or as an afternoon pick-me-up.
- 375g self-raising flour
- 400g Glenisk Greek-style organic coconut and vanilla yogurt
- 50ml milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Half to 1 tablespoons cinnamon
For the yogurt drizzle:
- 60g cream cheese
- 125g Glenisk Greek-style organic coconut and vanilla yogurt
- 1.5 tablespoons tepid water
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- To make the cinnamon rolls add the flour, milk and yogurt to a large mixing bowl, and stir until they are well mixed.
- Tip the dough out onto a well-floured surface and bring the mixture together into a ball shape. Dust the surface with flour again, then roll out the dough to form a large rectangle around half a centimetre thick.
- Brush the dough with approximately two tablespoons of the melted butter (leaving a little butter to brush over the top before baking them). Sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon evenly over the rectangle of dough. Tightly roll the rectangle up into a large sausage. Using a sharp knife, cut into rounds approximately 5cm thick.
- Place the rounds onto the baking tray. Brush the top of the rolls with the remaining melted butter, then bake for 30 mins. If the rolls are browning too quickly, place a sheet of baking paper over the top. Allow to cool completely on a cooling rack before topping them with the drizzle.
- To make the yogurt drizzle, put the cream cheese, icing sugar, yogurt and water in a bowl, mix well until smooth and drizzle over the cooled rolls.