- 200g butter, softened
- 100g caster sugar
- 200gwholemeal flour
- 100g plain flour
- 100g plain chocolate
- 100g icing sugar, sifted
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas mark 4.
- Whisk the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Mix the flours together and gradually mix into the butter mix to form a soft dough. Wrap in clingfilm and chill for 15-30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface to 1/2cm thick. Using 7cm round and star shaped cutters, cut out the shapes and place on 2 large baking trays. Bake in 2 batches for 10-12 minutes until golden at the edges. Allow to cool slightly before transferring to a cooling rack. Cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Mix the icing sugar with 1 tbsp water or enough to make a paste thick enough for piping or drizzling.
- Dip half the cookies in chocolate so only half the cookie is coated and allow to set on baking parchment. Drizzle or pipe the icing over the rest of the cookies and decorate as you like.