For the burger:
- 450g Beef Steak Mince, 20% Fat
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 4 Brioche Buns, toasted
- 200g Cooking Chorizo, skins removed
- 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
For the slaw:
- 100g Blue Cheese
- 2 Celery Sticks, thinly sliced
- 1 Fennel Bulb, very thinly sliced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 1 Lemon, zest and juice
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- Half a head of White Cabbage, thinly sliced
- For the slaw: whisk the mayonnaise and lemon together with the garlic until combined, crumble in the blue cheese and stir through along with the celery, fennel and cabbage.
- For the burgers: Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the oil. Then, in a medium bowl, mix together the beef and chorizo and season well.
- Divide into eight pieces and lightly shape into balls. Add these to the pan. You’ll need to do this in batches. Flatten using a flat spatula, season again and flip.
- Cook for about two minutes on each side.
- Spread the Dijon across the base of the buns. Next, add two crispy patties, followed by the slaw and burger top.
Recipe courtesy of SuperValu.
Any leftover chorizo oils in the pan can be used to drizzle over the bun or dip the burger into.