- 50 70% dark chocolate
- 200g light brown sugar
- 225g plain flour
- 2 heaped teaspoons baking powder
- 75g butter
- 200g low-fat natural yoghurt
- 2 eggs
- 25g cocoa powder
- 2 heaped teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 level teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line the base of a baking tin with some non-stick paper and lightly grease the sides.
- Break up the chocolate and cut up the butter. Place in a heatproof bowl over a pan of boiling water. Ensure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water and stir until they are both melted.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the yoghurt and allow to cool a little.
- Add the flour, baking powder, spices and the cocoa powder to a separate bowl, add a few grindings of black pepper and mix well.
- Separately, whisk the eggs with the brown sugar until frothy.
- Add the eggs and the chocolate mixture to the dry ingredients and fold together.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for about 45 minutes, until firm to the touch.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack. Cut into chunks and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Aldi.