- 100g milk chocolate, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 large eating apple
- Place the chocolate and coconut oil in a small heat-proof bowl in the microwave, and heat in short bursts, stirring in between, until it has mostly melted.
- Stir until the residual heat has melted the mixture and it’s smooth, then set aside to cool.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a flat baking tray or plate.
- Cut the apple into 4 or 5 thick slices, then skewer each one with a lollipop stick or bamboo skewer.
- Holding an apple lollipop by the stick, spoon melted chocolate over both sides of the apple slice and gently tap on the side of the bowl to allow the excess chocolate to run off.
- Place on the sheet of parchment paper, and repeat with the remaining apple lollipops. Place in the fridge until set, about 10–20 minutes.
Recipe extracted from Butlers Chocolate Cookbook. Available online at butlerschocolates.com. Retail price is €20.
Click here for more dessert recipes.
For optional decorating, drizzle with other chocolate bars (like white or dark chocolate etc.) and sprinkle with chopped and dried fruits, nuts or colourful sprinkles.