- 1 pack M&S Irish beef mince
- 2 onions, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 400g rice
- 400ml cold water
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 1 jar Cook With M&S hot chipotle chilli paste
- 1 packet Cook With M&S fajita spice blend
- Fresh coriander
- Heat a large heavy-based pan. Add some oil and colour the mince until dark brown and caramelised.
- Now add the diced onion and garlic and caramelise for 2 minutes.
- Add the fajita spice mix, half the jar of chipotle chilli paste and tomato puree.
- Cook this out for a further minute, before adding the chopped tinned tomatoes, and kidney beans.
- Reduce the heat to low and allow to stew for 30 minutes with a lid on, season with salt before serving.
- To cook the rice, wash under a cold tap for 2 minutes to remove excess starch. Place the rice in a pot with half the jar of chipotle paste and the cold water, season with salt and bring to the boil.
- Now reduce to a simmer, put a lid on, and cook for a further 5 minutes until the rice is just tender, then fluff with a spoon and add the chopped coriander.
- Serve in warm bowls and enjoy!
Recipe by Mark Moriarty for M&S