- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 medium onions, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 400ml hot vegetable stock
- 200ml natural yoghurt
- 5 large handfuls spinach
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until softened.
- Stir through the spices and mustard until well coated. Add the squash and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the stock and stir through the yoghurt until well combined.
- Bring the saucepan to a boil, cover and reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- Once the squash is tender, add the spinach and chickpeas.
- Serve the curry as you like – it's great with some fluffy brown or basmati rice.