- 4 chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 100g egg yolks, about 5
- 50ml balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 anchovies
- 500ml vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped chervil
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 12 slices pancetta
- 1 small loaf sourdough bread
- Olive oil
- 6 heads baby gem, washed
- Season chicken and grill skin-side down for five minutes until charred and golden brown. Turn chicken and place in an oven at 170ºC/gas mark 3 for 15-20 minutes.
- Place egg yolks into a food processor with the balsamic, garlic, anchovies and blend.
- Add oil slowly and continue to mix until it forms a thick mayonnaise. Add chopped herbs and shallots. Season to taste.
- Place pancetta on parchment paper and bake in the oven at 170ºC/gas mark 3 for eight minutes or until crisp.
- Tear the sourdough into chunks, dress with olive oil and season, place into the oven to crisp up.
- Dress the washed baby gem leaves with dressing, arrange in a bowl and begin layering up the ingredients including the warm chicken, crispy bacon and toasted bread. Top with Parmesan shavings.
Click here for more salad recipes.
Make the dressing in advance and store in the fridge to use for impromptu suppers.