- 350g carrots
- 300g parsnips
- 1 onion
- 1 apple
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 2 tsp paprika
- 25ml olive oil
- 1 litre boiling water
- 100ml double cream
- 6g fresh parsley
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Gently sauté the onion in the olive oil in a saucepan until softened, but not browned.
- Add the parsnips and carrots.
- Pour in the boiling water, crumble in the stock cubes and add the paprika.
- Bring back to the boil, cover and simmer.
- Peel and core the apple, chop the flesh finely and add to the soup.
- Cook for 40 minutes until tender.
- Liquidise, season with some salt and pepper, then stir in the cream.
- Prior to serving, scatter some chopped parsley.
Recipe courtesy of ALDI.