- 1 small onion, chopped
- 10g fresh ginger, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 100g celeriac or 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch long chunks
- 4 large parsnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 400ml coconut milk
- 500ml vegetable stock
- Juice of 1 lime
- Large handful of fresh coriander
- Salt to taste
- Chilli flakes
- Fresh coriander
- Bring some water to a boil in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer basket. Add carrots and parsnips to the steamer basket, cover and let steam until the vegetables are completely tender, about 18 minutes (test by pressing a fork into the parsnip and carrots- it should slide in and come out easily.)
- Remove the basket from the pan and slide the carrots and parsnips into a food processor fitted with the steel blade attachment. Add in oil, salt and pepper. Process, scraping sides as necessary until it reaches a creamy texture. Set to one side.
- Fry the onion on a low heat until softened.
- Add ginger and celeriac.
- Fry on a medium heat until softened.
- Add the mashed carrot and Parsnip mix.
- Add coconut milk.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and lime juice.
- Blend until smooth.
- Stir in a handful of fresh coriander.
- Season to taste.
- Top with some chilli flakes and fresh coriander.
Recipe & image courtesy of Mash Direct