- 300g/10.5oz spelt flour
- 110g/3.8oz chopped walnuts
- 90g/3.1oz demerara sugar
- 15g/3teaspoon baking powder
- 3g/1/2teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 generous pinch sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 360g almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon sunflower oil
- 4 small free-range eggs
- 555g/1.2lb grated carrots
- 2 teaspoons honey
1. Mix the spelt flour, nuts, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and
ginger together in a large bowl.
2. Mix the milk, vanilla, oil, eggs, carrots and honey in another bowl. We tend to weigh the liquids as it is quicker when we are busy in the kitchen and you get a more accurate result.
3. Fold the two together until they are completely combined.
4. Heat either some oil or butter in a flat pan and place a ladleful of the batter onto the pan. Cook the pancakes until they are golden underneath and then flip and cook until golden on the other side.
Recipe from Slice
Be patient when cooking these as they are denser than regular pancakes and need a few minutes each side to be cooked through.