- 250g unsalted butter
- 300g 60% dark chocolate
- 200g pecans, roasted and coarsely chopped
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 300g dark muscovado sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 150g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- Your favourite jar of caramel sauce
1. Preheat your oven to 170ºC/Gas Mark 4/350ºF. Grease and line a 9x9 inch square brownie tray.
2. Place a bowl over simmering water and add the butter and chocolate. Heat slowly until everything is completely melted, then remove from the heat and let cool for a few minutes.
3. Once cooled slightly, add the eggs, sugar and vanilla, and beat together. Stir in a pinch of salt.
4. Add two-thirds of the pecans, the flour and mix until everything is well incorporated.
5. Spoon the brownie mix into your lined tray, garnish with the remaining pecans and bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes.
6. The brownies are done when there is no wobble left in the batter and the edges are slightly browned.
7. Take out of the oven and let cool completely before cutting.
8. Drizzle with your favourite caramel sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Avoca.
Click here for more baking recipes.
Instead of using pre-made caramel, try making your own. This recipe is one of our favourites.