- 1 kg small potatoes
- 200g coarse sea salt
For the red mojo sauce:
- 2-4 dried peppers
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 200ml olive oil
- 50ml white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Half tsp teaspoon pimentón or paprika
- Chilli to taste
- To make the sauce, first soak the dried peppers for an hour. Squeeze, remove the seeds and cut into rings.
- Peel and dice the garlic.
- With a pestle and mortar, mix all the sauce ingredients, excluding the oil, and soaked peppers and mash into a smooth paste. Add the oil bit by bit as you are mashing and mixing everything together.
- Wash the potatoes to get rid of any soil, then put them in a large saucepan with just enough water to cover.
- Add some salt to the water, then boil with a cloth over the pan until the potatoes are cooked. The water will begin to disappear, but don’t add more.
- Remove the cloth and sprinkle the potatoes with the rest of the salt. Reduce the heat to low and leave the potatoes to dry and wrinkle.
- Tip the potatoes into a bowl, then cover with the mojo sauce to serve.