- 2 large butternut squashes, peeled, seeded and sliced thickly lengthwise
- 1kg broccoli rabe or tenderstem broccoli, roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 500g fresh egg lasagne pasta sheets
- 800ml béchamel sauce
- 250g ricotta cheese
- 175g Parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon, zested
- 4 fresh sage sprigs, leaves removed and chopped
- A pinch crushed chilli flakes, more if you like it spicy
- 15g sea salt
- 5g freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 170°C/350°F/4.
- Roast the squash in the oven with olive oil, salt and pepper until tender.
- In a medium-sized pan sautée the broccoli, olive oil and garlic together until tender. Season and set aside.
- Mix the ricotta, 125g Parmesan cheese, lemon zest, sage, chilli flakes, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large ovenproof baking dish, start the layering of the lasagne. Spread a quarter of the béchamel on the bottom of the dish, top with lasagne sheets, broccoli, squash and ricotta cheese mixture. Repeat the process 2 more times, finishing with pasta sheets then the rest of the béchamel. Scatter the extra Parmesan over the top.
- Bake the lasagne for 55-70 minutes until golden and bubbly. Let stand at least 20 minutes before serving.
Click here for more pasta recipes.
- For the ultimate béchamel sauce recipe, click here.
- Have everything at hand when you start to build the lasagne. This will make the assembly quick and easy.
- This lasagne can be made 2 days in advance and kept in the fridge until you need it. Just bring back to room temperature before baking in the oven.