- 100g spinach
- 1 x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 100g feta cheese, cubed
- 10 pitted black olives, sliced (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Lots of freshly ground black pepper
- 4 eggs
- Toasted sourdough bread, to serve
- Garlic-infused olive oil, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the spinach in a colander set in the sink and pour a kettle of boiling water over it. Squeeze the excess water out of the wilted leaves, then divide it between four small individual ovenproof dishes.
- Put the tomatoes, feta, olives (if using), garlic, chilli flakes, oregano and seasoning in a bowl and mix it all up, then add to the dishes with the spinach. Make a well in the centre of each and crack in an egg.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or more, until the eggs are cooked to your liking. Serve with sourdough toast brushed with garlic-infused olive oil.
Recipe extracted from Mediterranean Mood Food by Paula Mee. Images by Joanne Murphy. RRP €19.99.
Click here for more breakfast recipes.
"A handy little brunch for the weekend, this egg bake is a great way to use up any leftover roasted vegetables, sweet potatoes, beans or cheese ends." Paula Mee