- 4 eggs
- 50ml cream
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- 40g butter
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Taste to make sure that the seasoning is correct.
- Heat a shallow non stick frying pan. Add the butter. Don’t allow the butter to brown or it will discolour the eggs.
- Add the egg mixture. Let it sit for about 30 seconds without stirring. Gently stir with a wooden spoon, folding it over from the base of the pan. Cook gently for about 3 minutes, continuously folding very gently.
- Continue until the eggs are set but still slightly wet. Remove from the heat. It will continue to cook when you turn it out onto a serving plate. Serve immediately.
- A nice variation is to use some dijon mustard, cayenne pepper and chopped chives.
The secret here is not to over-stir the eggs. The eggs should have a very soft texture. Only ever cook two portions at a time, as you should not overcrowd the pan and they won’t cook as well. Seasoning is really important.