- 20g grated mature cheddar
- 1 ½ tsp. rapeseed oil
- 1 wholemeal wrap
- Pinch of paprika
- 1 small tomato
- 1 egg
- 3-4 coriander leaves
- Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat. Grate the cheese.
- Add one teaspoon of the oil to the frying pan and swirl it around.
- Add the wrap and sprinkle the cheese on top. Add the paprika.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until the cheese starts to melt and the bottom of the wrap has started to crisp up and is lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, dice the tomato. Slide the quesadilla on to a warm plate and scatter over the tomato. Keep warm.
- Return the frying pan to the heat and add the remaining half a teaspoon of oil. Crack in the egg and season lightly with salt, if using and pepper to taste.
- Fry until the white of the egg has started to harden and turns opaque. Using a fish slice, put the egg on the quesadilla and tear over the coriander leaves to serve
Recipe courtesy of ALDI
For more delicious breakfast recipes, click here.