- 2 tbsp Apple and Cinnamon Chia Bia milled chia seed
- 6 tbsp water
- 100g oats
- 80g ground almonds
- 30g pumpkin seeds
- 30g pecan nuts, chopped
- 20g unsweetened desiccated coconut
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Generous pinch of sea or rock salt
- 60g peanut butter, smooth and drippy
- 60ml olive oil
- 100ml maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 180C (350F).
- Mix together milled chia and water in a small bowl and set to one side until “eggy” in consistency.
- Add oats, ground almonds, pumpkin seeds, chopped pecans, coconut, baking soda and salt to a large bowl.
- Whisk together the peanut butter, olive oil and maple syrup in a jug.
- Add the chia “eggs” to the peanut butter mixture.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients in the bowl. Mix well to coat and set to one side to thicken a little for five minutes.
- Scoop 11- 12 mounds of the mixture onto a large baking paper lined baking tray.
- Use your hands to shape the mounds into balls, then flatten them down to form nicely shaped cookies with smooth edges. The cookies will spread just a little while baking.
- Place a pecan nut on top of each if desired.
- If you find it difficult to shape the cookies, dampen your hands a little as you go as the mixture will be a little sticky, it should be!
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 - 25 minutes; until dry on top and lightly browned.
- Allow to cool on the tray for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool fully.
- Store cooled cookies in a sealed container for up to 4 days or freeze for up to one month.
Recipe courtesy of Chia Bia