- 1 full black pudding
- ½ small leek, shredded
- ½ small onion, sliced
- 175g frozen peas, defrosted
- 40g mature cheddar, grated
- 100g leftover mashed potato
- Salt and pepper
- 275g roll of puff pastry
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons mixed seeds for sprinkling, I love black sesame seeds
- Heat a splash of oil in a large non-stick pan over a medium heat and crumble in the pudding. Fry for eight minutes, then add the leek and onion. Fry for a further five minutes, then add the peas. Transfer to a bowl and cool.
- Once cool, add the cheese and potato and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll out the pastry and cut across the way so that you have two long strips. Brush the egg around the corners of each strip and place the pudding mixture just right of centre of each of the pastry lengths.
- Fold over the pastry so that it touches the side opposite and covers the pudding mixture and seal well with a fork along the seams.
- Brush with the remaining egg wash and sprinkle with seeds. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 180ºC/gas mark 4 until golden brown and enjoy with a light salad.
The filling can be made in advance, making it perfect for a quick but impressive brunch when time is tight.