- 150ml double cream
- 1 vanilla pod, split lengthways
- 125g dark chocolate
- 100ml full-fat milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 heaped teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat the oven to 140C/gas mark 1.
- Heat the cream and vanilla pod together until almost boiling. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Combine the chocolate and milk in a small saucepan over a low heat and melt the chocolate.
- Beat the egg yolks, sugar and ground ginger together in a large bowl with a whisk. Remove the vanilla pod from the cream, scraping any excess seeds back into the cream. Combine the cream and milk with the egg and sugar mixture.
- Pour into six ramekins. Place in a baking tray and add hot water to come two-thirds of the way up the ramekins. Bake for an hour or until set (they will form a light crust). Remove, allow to cool and chill in the fridge. Serve cold with your choice of fruit or berries.
Recipe courtesy of Hugo Arnold.
Click here for more chocolate recipes.
Diced candied ginger on top and some ginger wine to go with adds a warming cheer.