- 400g rump steak
- 1 tablespoon each of butter and olive oil
- 300g button mushrooms
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 350ml good beef stock
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons crème fraîche
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 head Savoy cabbage
- Slice the beef as thinly as you can. Heat a large frying pan and, when hot, add the butter and olive oil. Season the meat with salt and pepper and sear on both sides till golden brown. Set aside.
- Soften the shallots in the remaining oil and butter for five minutes. Add the flour and cook for two minutes. Add the stock and simmer so the sauce thickens, about five minutes.
- Cut the Savoy cabbage into eight pieces through the stem so you end up with segments like an orange. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas mark 6. Drizzle a little olive oil on the cabbage. Season with salt and pepper and roast for 20-25 minutes or until just charred and tender.
- Return the meat and mushrooms to the sauce and bring back to simmering point. Remove from the heat and stir in the mustard, crème fraîche and parsley. Serve with wedges of the Savoy.