- 20g butter
- 400g ray wings
- 35g samphire
- 1⁄2 lemon
- Fresh bronze fennel sprigs, to garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Take a sheet of tin foil and butter it well, season the butter with salt and pepper.
2. Place the wings on the foil and add a little more salt and pepper. Fold the foil to make 4 an envelope and tightly seal it. Place onto a hot barbecue or in an oven heated to 180C/gas mark 4 and cook for no more than 10 minutes.
3. To cook the samphire, wash thoroughly under cold running water, then steam over a pan of boiling water for a couple of minutes and serve with melted butter.
4. Once cooked, rest the fish for two minutes, then break open the foil and serve up with a slice or two of lemon, the cooked samphire and garnish with fresh bronze fennel sprigs.
Recipe courtesy of Kai Restaurant