- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 stick butter
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- Attach upper and lower waffle plates to waffle iron and preheat to 200°C.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add in milk, egg and vanilla, mix until smooth. Fold in mashed bananas.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix lightly until combined.
- Pour ⅔ cup batter on to preheated waffle plates. Cook 10-12 minutes, or until waffle is golden brown.
- Remove waffles and place on wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter.
Recipe courtesy of George Foreman.
Serve warm topped with caramel sauce and chopped pecans.