- 500g sweet potato
- 3 eggs
- 60ml honey
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 60ml sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon date syrup
- 33g cocoa powder
- 66g ground almonds
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1⁄3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 dollop peanut butter, optional
- 5 chopped nuts, to garnish, optional
- Peel the sweet potato and cut into chunks. Boil them in some water and then drain completely. Mash them up.
- Mix the eggs, honey and vanilla; add the oil and date syrup slowly. Then stir in the mashed sweet potatoes.
- Mix the dry ingredients together, then add the wet mixture. Stir until combined.
- Line a 20cm square tin and spoon the mixture in.
- If you wish, you can swirl a dollop of peanut butter onto the mixture so there is a nice ripple effect and/or sprinkle with some chopped nuts.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180oC/gas mark 4. Test them with a skewer after 15 minutes to see if they are done, but they will more than likely take about 20 minutes. They are fine on their own but you can also serve them with some natural yoghurt or crème fraîche.