- 185g spelt flour
- 160g granola
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 oranges, zest only
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon bread soda
- 100g brown sugar
- 30g bran
- 120g dates, destoned and chopped 370ml buttermilk
- 120ml olive oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl. Cover with clingfilm and place in the fridge overnight.
- Heat your oven to 180oC/gas mark 4. Grease a cupcake tin.
- Divide the mixture between the holes in the tin and bake for 20 minutes or until baked through.
Recipe from Slice
For more delicious vegetarian options click here or for baking click here
Experiment with this recipe by using store cupboard ingredients, including cranberries, raisins, figs or apricots as well as different types of nuts.