For the base
- 75g unsalted butter
- 150g Belmont Bourbon Cream biscuits
- 150g Belmont Chocolate digestives
For the filling
- 100g 85% Moser Roth Dark Chocolate
- 100g butter
- 2 large eggs
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 100ml double cream
For the topping
- 250ml Double Cream
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 15g 85% Moser Roth Dark Chocolate
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Line a 23cm (9") pie dish with foil.
- To prepare the base, melt the butter in a small pan. Whizz the biscuits in a food processor until they form fine crumbs. Mix the butter into the crumbs and then use to line the base and sides of the pie dish (use the back of a spoon to press firmly and evenly). Chill for around 10-15 minutes.
- To prepare the filling, place the chocolate and butter in a small bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir occasionally until melted.
- Remove from the pan and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar until light and creamy. Whisk in the chocolate mixture, then whisk in the cream.
- Pour into the biscuit case and bake for around 35 minutes until just firm. Leave to cool for at least an hour (it will sink a little as it cools).
- When cold, remove from the foil and slide onto a serving plate.
- To prepare the topping, whisk together the cream and sugar until soft peaks form. Spoon this over the cooled pie. Grate the chocolate over the top of the pie and serve.
Recipe from Aldi