- 8 slices streaky bacon
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 75g popcorn kernels
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Chop up the bacon into bite-sized pieces. Place the bacon onto a cold, non-stick frying pan. Cook on a medium heat until crisp. When the bacon is cooked, place it on some kitchen roll.
- Retain 1 tablespoon of the fat leftover from the bacon and strain off. Pour it into a heavy based saucepan, along with the vegetable oil. Now follow the instructions for making perfect popcorn.
- When the popcorn is cooked, mix in the maple syrup and bacon and stir.
Recipe Credit: Louise Lennox
Photography credit: Harry Weir
Grate a little Parmesan cheese into the popcorn for added flavour