- 1 small pot of hazelnut spread
- 35ml milk
- 100g sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 125g flour
- 125g melted butter
- 2 small eggs
- ½ packet yeast
- 1 tablespoon butter (to grease the mould)
- 1 tablespoon flour (to dust the mould)
- Melt the butter over low heat.
- Grease the madeleine mould with melted butter and dust with flour.
- Preheat oven to 210°C / 410˚F.
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl.
- In a mixing bowl, add eggs, sugar, milk and vanilla extract.
- Add melted butter, flour and yeast and stir until combined.
- Add mixture to madeleine mould until half full.
- Add a dollop of hazelnut spread to each madeleine and top with the remaining mixture until full.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the oven until perfectly golden.
Recipe by Le Bristol Paris Head Chef Eric Frechon
Image by Valéry Guédès