- 80g ground almonds
- 45g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 t easpoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 56g Irish butter
- 50g packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 65g high quality dark chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 170ºC/gas mark 3.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together ground almonds, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars until completely combined – about three minutes. Add egg yolk and vanilla extract and mix on low until combined. Add dry mixture and mix until completely combined. Fold in chocolate.
- Scoop rounded tablespoons onto a baking tray lined with baking parchment. Flatten cookies into rounds 1cm thick – they won’t spread as easily because there’s no flour. Leave 2–3cm between cookies. Bake for six or seven minutes until cookies are no longer wet looking.
Recipe from The Dublin Cookie Company
For more chocolate recipes click here
Try sprinkling these with a few flakes of Irish sea salt just before baking for an extra layer of flavour.