- 160g caster sugar
- 80g butter, softened
- 80g golden syrup
- 2 tsp bread soda
- Oil an 8x8” tin.
- Add butter, sugar, and syrup to a pot and combine on medium heat until homogenous.
- Use a wet pastry brush to remove any sugar stuck to the side of the pot.
- Once everything is combined, turn the heat up and rapidly bring to a boil. Let boil for 3 – 4 minutes, or until honeycomb colour.
- Once bubbling, add in the bread soda and mix together.
- Remove from the heat and pour the mixture into the baking tin and leave to cool.
- When the mix is cooled, turn the tin over and gently tap out until the honeycomb pops out. Break up as desired.
- For best results, leave in the fridge to cool completely.