- 250g self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 225ml buttermilk
- 400ml low-fat milk
- 2 organic eggs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a jug, mix all the wet ingredients together. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk or stir to combine. Don’t over-mix it. A few little lumps are normal and should disappear after a few minutes.
- Heat a large frying pan over a high heat. Once hot, brush some butter or oil on the pan. Using a ladle, pour the pancake batter onto the hot pan, ensuring each pancake is kept about 5cm apart from each other.
- Once bubbles being to appear on the top of the pancake batter, turn with a fish slice and cook on the other side for another minute. You want a nice, golden brown colour.
- Keep the pancakes warms in an oven until all the batter is used up.
The pancakes work perfectly with a berry compote on top. Get the recipe for one here.
Add some blueberries to the pancake mix as soon as they hit the pan.