- 120g/4.2oz buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 225ml/7.6fl oz buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- In a blender, add all the dry ingredients and give a good stir to combine.
- In a jug, mix together all the wet ingredients until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and give a good blitz until everything is smooth.
- Heat a large frying pan and, once hot, brush with some oil, butter or coconut oil. Using a ladle, pour the pancake batter onto the hot pan, ensuring each pancake is kept about 5cm apart from each other. It’s best to keep them small.
- Cook for a couple of minutes until bubbles start to appear. Flip and cook on the other side for another minute or so, until golden brown.
- Keep the pancakes warms in an oven until all the batter is used up.
Tip: Replace the buttermilk with unsweetened almond milk for a dairy-free alternative.