- 1 medium head of broccoli
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 120g oats
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
For the beetroot tzatziki:
- 600g cooked beetroot
- 500g Glenisk Irish Strained Protein Yogurt Natural
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cucumber, hulled
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Wholemeal wraps
- Fresh salad
- Blitz the broccoli in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Heat one teaspoon of oil in a frying pan. Stir the broccoli through the oil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Place the chickpeas, onion, garlic, oats and tahini with half the carrots into the food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Stir the cooked broccoli and remaining carrot through the mixture.
- Finally add the egg, cumin, lemon zest and juice to the mix and stir through until well combined.
- With damp hands, roll tablespoonfuls of the vegetable mixture into burger or falafels shapes and place on a lined roasting tray. Repeat until all the mixture is used and finish with a sprinkle of sesame seeds over the top of each. Allow the falafels to rest in the fridge for 30 minutes before cooking.
- Bake in the oven at 200°C/180°C fan/400°F for 25-30 minutes. Flip the burgers halfway through.
- For the tzatziki, add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth. Season to taste.
- Serve the falafel on a wholemeal wrap with fresh salad and yoghurt tzatziki.
Recipe from Glenisk