- 400g smoked streaky rashers
- 1kg white potatoes
- 300g leeks
- 300g carrots
- 150g pack mangetout
- 400g tinned chicken soup
- 75g white cheddar, grated
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 15ml sunflower oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Chop the bacon into chunks and sauté in a frying pan with the oil for 5/6 minutes until just coloured.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into slices.
- Chop the leeks into slices, wash well and drain.
- Put the potato and leek slices into a pan of cold slightly salted water, bring to the boil, cover and cook for 5 minutes then drain well.
- Put the potato, leek slices and the bacon into a baking dish, pour over the soup and gently mix, season with some black pepper.
- Sprinkle over the grated cheese and bake in the oven for 20/25 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile, peel the carrots and cut into thick matchsticks.
- Cook in some boiling salted water for 3 minutes.
- Cut the mangetout in half lengthways, add to the carrots and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Drain and serve alongside the bake.
Recipe courtesy of ALDI