- 1 aubergine
- 1 large red onion
- 400ml tin coconut milk
- 50g spicy peanuts
- 5g red chilli
- 20g fresh, peeled ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 35g tomato purée
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 5g fresh coriander, plus some extra to garnish
- 40ml rapeseed oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Cooked basmati rice, to serve
- Peel, halve and slice the red onion. Cut the aubergine into medium size chunks.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic. Finely chop the chilli, seeds as well. Chop the coriander and the ginger.
- In a large frying pan or wok, heat the oil. Add the chopped aubergine, red onion and garlic. Sauté, stirring as you cook, for about 8 minutes, until the aubergine chunks are slightly browned.
- Add the curry powder, cumin, paprika, chilli, coriander and ginger. Cook, stirring for a further 3 minutes.
- Then add the coconut milk, peanuts and the tomato purée. Season with some salt and plenty of black pepper.
- Stir well and cook on a low heat for 15 minutes.
- Serve with some basmati rice and some extra chopped coriander.
Recipe courtesy of Aldi.