- 175g dried apricots
- 200ml apple juice or water
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 500ml Greek or natural yoghurt
- 4 dessertspoons chopped mixed nuts
- Oat biscuits, to serve
- Put the apricots in a saucepan with the apple juice or water and simmer gently for 10–12 minutes, until the apricots are soft but not overcooked. Roughly mash or blend the apricots to a purée. Set aside to cool.
- Add the lemon zest to the yoghurt and mix together.
- Roughly fold the apricots into the yoghurt mix. Add 3 dessertspoons of the chopped mixed nuts halfway through folding in, then spoon into four dessert glasses and chill for 2 hours.
- Top each glass with the remaining nuts and serve two small oat biscuits alongside.
Recipe extracted from Mediterranean Mood Food by Paula Mee. Images by Joanne Murphy. RRP €19.99.
Click here for more dessert recipes.
Fresh apricots are divine but hard to come by all year round. If they are in season, stone them, simmer them gently in 2 tablespoons of apple juice and use as described here.